March 24, 2009

"I'm Thankful Each Day!" -P. K. Hallinan

So I have a favorite children's book that I wanted to share... It is "I's Thankful Each Day!" by P. K. Hallinan.  It is short but so sweet and true!  How we should all live our lives...

"I'm thankful each day for the blessings I see,
 And for all of the gifts that God's given to me.
And counting the stars at the edge of the sea, 
I can't help but feel they put there for me.
I'm thankful for summers and warm golden days.
I'm thankful for autumns of orange pumpkin haze.
I'm thankful for meadows and bright colored flowers.
I'm thankful for raindrops and soft sumer showers.
Each sunset is special... Each sunrise is new.
Each breeze in the trees is a promise come true.
Each evening's a wonder where beauty abounds.
Each morning's a harvest of new sights and sounds.
And it's nice just to know that beneath winter's snow,
the blossoms of springtime are beginning to grow.
I'm thankful for friends, for laughing and sharing...
I'm thankful for family, for loving and caring.
I'm thankful for all the kindness I see.
I'm thankful for peace and for pure harmony. 
My body's a present of perfect design...
My mind is a power as endless as time.
And if I ever worry that trouble is near, 
I always remember I've nothing to fear...
For each hour is laden with God's perfect love.
Each second brings comfort and joy from above.
And I guess in the end the best thing to say is...
I'm thankful for living...
I'm THANKFUL each day!



                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment